The UGA Deer Lab has conducted several research projects related to deer behavior along roadways and tested methods to deter deer from entering roadways in an effort to reduce deer-vehicle collisions.
- We documented the effect of a busy roadway in South Carolina on the distribution of deer home ranges.
- We documented the effect of roads and automobile traffic on deer movements within a high-use state park in Georgia.
- We tested the effect of roadside reflectors on deer behavior.
- We tested the effect of a wide range of sound on roadside deer behavior.
- We tested multiple fencing designs for preventing deer crossing behavior.
- We tested fencing designs to prevent deer from entering roadways.